Email Server Settings
Settings for Configuring Email Accounts
When configuring your email application for email accounts you have created in the Messaging Administrator or in Plesk Control Panel, the following settings should be used:
POP3 / IMAP / SMTP Server Settings
|Incoming POP3 Server
|Incoming IMAP Server
|Outgoing SMTP Server
|Alternate SMTP Server
|Login / Account Name
|http://webmail.<yourdomain> or https://wm.mail.isx.net.nz/
Important Information About Sending Email Through Net24
- Because you will be connecting from an untrusted IP network it is necessary to enable SMTP Authentication in your email application. Alternatively, you can also send mail using your ISP SMTP server which will not require authentication.
- If you encounter problems connecting to our SMTP server your connection to our server may be blocked by your ISP. Many ISPs are blocking port 25 which is used to send email in an attempt to reduce the spread of viruses and the distribution of spam. In this situation please configure your email application to use the port 587 for outgoing SMTP connections.
Accessing WebMail Services
Net24 supports TLS/SSL security, which provides secure transport of user credentials and messages over the Internet. If you wish to use TLS/SSL we recommend you use the official name of systems to avoid certificate errors.
- The official hostname for POP/IMAP/SMTP is: MP.MAIL.ISX.NET.NZ.
If you do use TLS/SSL you will need to choose the correct port for your email client. You can see the correct port number in the table above.
Sending Email From Your WebsiteIf you wish to use our SMTP server to send emails from your site, use the SMTP server listed below. However, we do recommend and especially with our Linux hosting is to use the mail() function that is provided by PHP. Most Content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla don't require the use of the SMTP server although they do give you that option.
SMTP Server..............: mx.hosting.isx.net.nz
DNS SettingsIf a 3rd party is managing the DNS services for your domain name, please ensure the following zone records are created:
- domain.co.nz. IN MX 10 mx.mail.isx.net.nz.
- mail.domain.co.nz. IN CNAME mp.mail.isx.net.nz.
- webmail.domain.co.nz IN CNAME wm.mail.isx.net.nz.
- manager.domain.co.nz IN CNAME manager.isx.net.nz.
Need more help?
View our helpful flash tutorials that guide you through the process of adding an email account for seven of the most common email applications. View the tutorials here
Get in touch
For any additional help, give us a call on 0800 477 333 (8AM to 10PM, 7 days a week).